Tuesday, July 30, 2019

San Diego Day 3

"Animals are such agreeable friends -- they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms." -- George Eliot

Today was a glorious day. I did one thing I haven't done since I was in 8th grade -- visit the amazing San Diego Zoo. I also did something I have never done -- go to a major league baseball game at Petco Padres Stadium. Both adventures were so much fun!

The San Diego Zoo is huge. The first thing I did was get on the double-decker bus that travels around throughout the zoo, giving passengers an overview of where different animals and the best way to get to them. The driver of my shuttle, Kate, was the most joyful exuberant person. She made the whole experience even more enjoyable. She obviously loves her job and the animals. I did not see all the animals at the zoo. I was there for 5.5 hours and saw everything I could possibly see, in addition to having a 4-D movie experience and riding the Skyfari Animal Tram. I have combed through my pictures and videos with the intention of posting here only the ones I thought would bring the most enjoyment. I may still have overdone it. Sorry, not sorry! 


































The Padres game was a blast! I went with the friends I am staying with and their small group. It was even more fun to be with a big group. The last MLB game I was at was a Braves game about 20 years ago. Things have changed since then! The Padres stadium is like a mall with a baseball field in the center. I had no idea it would be like that. I tried hard not to walk around like someone straight out of Beverly Hillbillies, but it was hard. I was pretty overwhelmed. The game was made more fun by the fact that the Padres won. 






This was the big ending to my big adventure. On Tuesday I fly back east and return to Greensboro on Wednesday. I have had a fabulous time this past two weeks, but now it is time to return to the real world and those three big words, "back to school." My favorite part of going home is the gifts; I can't wait to to give out all the "trip gifts!" I'll be home soon...



1 comment:

  1. So much fun! Praying for safe travels today. Know you will be exhausted, but do hope you can come Thursday night. Dave and Terry are coming to share New Zealand with us. ❤️🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete