Thursday, July 25, 2019

Solvang Day 2

"A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Today was a relaxing day. I am building up my energy for my drive through Los Angeles tomorrow. It's going to take all I've got. I love adventure and most new experiences but not crazy traffic, so today I took it easy. I did have one awesome new experience though. I met my favorite bird up close and personal! If you were ever in my college dorm room from sophomore year on or if you were ever in one of my classrooms, you probably saw a National Geographic poster of a mother ostrich guarding her babies. I love that poster, and it has been moving from room to room with me since 1984. Today I went to Ostrichland and had the pleasure of feeding ostriches. It was so much fun. There was a $5 entrance fee and then a fee of $1 per bowl of food. I admit that it was kind of a tourist trap, but there were ostriches (and emus)! Alert again -- picture overload!




















The rest of the day I spent picking up some gifts, lying by the pool, resting, and going to the bakery. The first picture below is what I ate for breakfast, and the second shows a sampling that I bought to snack on the next couple of days. Mmmmmm!



Tomorrow will be my longest and most difficult day of driving. I would appreciate any prayers you would like to pray for me. I know that He has been with me throughout this entire adventure and that tomorrow will be no different. Sometimes I just seem to let myself forget. Oceanside, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment